- The Nigerian Government Is Not Offering National Youth Empowerment Funds
A viral WhatsApp message claims the Federal Government is offering money to Nigerians under the National Youth Empowerment Fund. This is not true, click here to read the facts.
- Lagos Is Not The City With The Largest Economy In Africa
While it is true that Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, there is no substantial evidence to support the claim that Lagos is the city with the largest economy in Africa. Read more here.
- Bola Tinubu’s Claim About Lagos State’s Allocation From the FAAC Is Misleading
Presidential aspirant, Bola Tinubu, in a recent interview with Daily Trust made a claim that Lagos State received zero allocation from the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) during his tenure as the Governor of the state, but this is not accurate. Read the facts here.
- Low Sugar Intake Is not Linked To Cancer
A Facebook post, while suggesting different ways of eliminating cancer, advised readers to ‘stop eating all kinds of sugar.’ However, DUBAWA’s fact check shows there is no correlation between cancer and sugar consumption. Read more here.
- Yes, Peter Obi Said He Would Rather Everyone Starve Than Borrow For Consumption
A Twitter user quoted presidential aspirant, Peter Obi, as saying he would rather everyone starve than borrow for consumption. This is true! In our findings, the aspirant made the comment to emphasise his position against borrowing for consumption, which he believes is not good for the economy. Read more here.